30 Days. 30 steps. One Step a Day.
It’s really difficult to manage your hair and keep it beautiful in the busy life.
As much as we’d love to, we’ve all made promises to oil or hair weekly, or to get a deep-conditioning treatment done every 15 days, and promptly broken those promises. Here’s the solution: Make a commitment. Show your hair some practical love and care, and you’ll notice a remarkable difference at the end of this month.
30 days. 30 easy steps. One step a day:
- Detangle/Brush your hair before you go to bed. Try doing this every night.
- Shampoo your hair with a clearing shampoo, to get rid of all debris. Condition only the ends.
- Spend 30 minutes reading about your hair type, and making sure you’re using the shampoo and conditioner meant for your type. Your hair deserves your time.
- Don’t use heat today. Find an alternate styling method.
- Shampoo your hair with the shampoo and conditioner you picked on Day 3.
- Invest in a deep conditioning treatment, or simply use coconut oil. Dedicate 40 minutes to your hair today.
- Give yourself a head massage for 20 minutes. This improves circulation and helps your scalp.
- Avoid shampooing till your roots are greasy. Use dry shampoo instead.
- Avoid using color, simplify your routine by reducing the amount of chemicals you introduce to your hair.
- It’s cleaning time: Check your bathroom for all old/expired products that you no longer use or need and ditch them. Use and buy only what you absolutely need, putting in real thought into understanding your hair really pays off.
- Try a home-made hair mask: Use two ingredients of your choice, according to your hair type and make yourself an organic mask.
- Research on your hair type, and find yourself the right brush to use. The right tools go a long way.
- Try a new hairstyle that you’ve never done before. You deserve to feel pretty.
- Time to call your hairstylist: Make an appointment for a simple trim the next weekend, and start doing your research if you intend to go in for a massive haircut.
- Buy a heat protectant. Use it.
- Establish a haircare ritual. Spend 5-10 minutes on it daily. Your hair deserves love.
- Invest in a silk/satin pillow case or scarf for bed time. It helps avoid frizziness and keeps your hair soft.
- It’s time to look at your tools: If you use heat styling tools, get them checked and make sure they are not damaging your hair.
- Follow up on your appointment: get your hair trimmed and/or get a strategic haircut.
- Use the hair-mask you learnt to make last week. It’s time for the weekly deep-conditioning.
- Try a new hair accessory today. Clips, barrettes, hats, ribbons, bowties, hairbands: Explore away!
- Try a hair serum. They protect your hair and aid in keeping it healthy.
- Watch your favourite youtube blogger’s tutorials and try and imitate one of their hairstyles.
- Try using a cotton t-shirt to wipe your hair after the shower instead of your usual towel. See the difference this makes.
- Make your own sea-salt spray at home. Use it to create a beachy look.
- Masking time: Learn to make a different mask with new ingredients today. Find ways to store it and make it a habit.
- Consider going in for a professional keratin treatment or deep-conditioning treatment. Experiment with glossing if you feel like.
- Take a picture. This is your last day of Hair-Love month. Take a picture of your hair and remind yourself to always show it the love you have over the past few weeks.
So, there you go.
That’s the self-love project I’m signing up for. I hope you’ll do this with me, for the sake of your beautiful hair!
I can’t wait to hear all about it!
Until next time,